Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Spring Chicken

It's time to fire up the grill and what is better than barbecued marinated chicken. But, what shall we marinate it in? Food and Wine this month has a number of different marinades to pick from: Vietnamese, Peruvian and Greek. On Monday night I used the Peruvian marinade and the outcome was delicious!!

Peruvian Marinade(makes 4 servings)

1/2 cup vegetable oil(I used olive)
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
1/4 cup white wine vinegar
8 large garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
1 tsp. turmeric
1 tablespoon hot paprika
1/2 tsp. ground cumin
salt and pepper

In a bowl, whisk all the ingredients together. Place the chicken in a large resealable bag and add the marinade. Seal the bag and toss to coat. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes and up to 4 hours.(I marinaded the chicken for 24 hours). Grill over moderate heat.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

I got the same magazine this month and made the same recipe for Caregroup and the result was the same - it was a huge hit!

Rachel said...

I'm going to try this tonight... I love sending Jeremy out to the grill to cook the meat. It's my new favorite method of cooking. ;o)